[ale] inexpensive mp3 players

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Oct 4 11:02:51 EDT 2005

Cy Kurtz wrote:
> I see ads almost every week for inexpensive mp3 players ... anywhere
> from $30 to $200. I wonder if anyone on the list has any experience
> plugging one of these things into a linux box

Just bought a motorola m25 at Brandsmart for about $50.  It has 256mb
and you can add an SD or MCC card to take it up to 1gig.  Think of it as
a mini cd player, because you can simply pop the card out and pop
another in.  It measures about 3"x3"x1".  It has a usb port which my
Linux box immediately recognized.  I've got my 14 year old daughter
ripping her cds and dropping them on player.

The only caveat at this point is that I've not tried it with the
addition of a media card, so I don't know if it will show up as a
separate device, the same device (just larger), or possibly, not show up.

I've got a 32mb card laying around here somewhere, I'll see if I can
stick it in there and see what shows up.

--
Until later, Geoffrey