[ale] Novell NetWare GroupWare

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Sun May 29 10:11:50 EDT 2005

The last three versions of Novell have been user object licenses rather than server or connection licenses.  If I need another server, I just add it.

You pay the same price for X number of users for 10,000 servers as you do for one.

Also, in my Novell clustered environments, I can can distribute applications at will between servers that are participating almost at will.

-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
678-697-9420

>>> fd0man at gmail.com  >>>

I know that personally, I'd rather use Linux+Samba to provide file and
printer sharing and network authentication and roaming profiles.  I've
never had issues with it, and it has always been great for me.  Set it
up and truly forget about it.  It's also nice that Linux solutions scale
from small systems to extremely large ones.  My network at home runs all
of the services on one machine, where on a large network I could
seperate and delegate tasks between machines if wanted.  I couldn't do
that with Netware if things got to be greatly overloaded, at least, not
without bending backwards and installing more licenses, from everything
I've heard.  It's crazy and absolutely insane.