[ale] Linspire 5.0

Mark Wright mpwright at speedfactory.net
Fri May 27 01:27:37 EDT 2005

I have played with Linspire on and off since 3.0.  I really like 5.0
but I don't use it.  I do recommend it occasionally for parents or
kids.  My mom is on Ubuntu though.

The click and run warehouse is really good.  Honestly though I think
the only kind of geek Linspire would appeal to are the types of
people we would refer to as script kiddies.

I was truly amazed a few years ago when, with the literal one click,
I had a quick time movie playing through a automatically downloaded,
installed, configured and started Mplayer.

I had spent months trying to get Mandrake 9.2 and Mozilla configured
with Mplayer to do  anything.  It had really kicked my arse.

For the same $ you can join the Mandriva club use the excellent 2005
version and use their exclusive and new (I have not tried it) online
update service.