[ale] Linspire 5.0

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu May 26 23:51:56 EDT 2005

Christopher Fowler wrote:
> I'm thinking of going away with FC2 on my laptop and getting Linspire
> 5.0 since it is supposed to be so well integrated. And it supports
> 802.11g.  I consider myself a Linux pro but would like something that
> just runs on my laptop.  Is this a stupid idea?

Since you're a developer, I'd say it is a mistake.  Linspire is
targeting the average windows user, not a geek like you. :)

Beyond that, I've got two laptops, both of which are at least a dual
boot of different distros and they 'just work.'

Suse 9.3 and RHWS 4.0 on one
Suse 9.3, Mandrake 10.1 and Slack 10.1 on the other.

Grant it, slack was not as polished on the install...

--
Until later, Geoffrey