[ale] b'bye

ChangingLINKS.com groups at ChangingLINKS.com
Tue May 24 11:04:55 EDT 2005

On Tuesday May 24 2005 07:57, Christopher Fowler wrote:
> I wish there was a more
> advanced Linux group in Atlanta for those like me that want to discuss
> more then setting up Samba, printing, etc.

Don't talk about it, BE about it. ;)

Nothing stops you from doing presentations yourself, or bringing in people
that can. The ALE would welcome the effort - not reject it. Because it is a
volunteer group, the responsibility falls squarely on the shoulders of it's
members.

I've seen complex subjects discussed. The security presentation presented by
Bob Toxen (related to IP tables) went over my head - especially once they
started the verbal "flame war" over whether or not ipchains was better and
adding information on "honey pots" and such.

The same goes for this list. If you want a topic covered, post a question.
Your results will vary of course. Not all posts get answered - even the ones
from the less skilled; sometimes there is a more important flamewar going on.
--
Wishing you Happiness, Joy, and Laughter,
Drew Brown