[ale] Linux Distributions

ChangingLINKS.com groups at changinglinks.com
Wed May 18 17:10:43 EDT 2005

On Wednesday May 18 2005 15:16, you wrote:
> ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> > I fully intended to explain my position - but then saw an opportunity
> > to create a challenge and WIN the thing I originally wanted: Help
> > fixing my box.
> >
> > As I mentioned before, at the sound of Debian people typically turn
> > away - moreover, I have been working on these problems for months and
> > I'm weary.
>
> Well, it seems that perhaps they are just running away from you.  Other
> then package management and some configuration issues, there is not much
> else that is distribution-specific.

No. I post jobs online also. There, they do not "know me" or have reason to
run - except that they must work on a Debian system. There is a lot of talk
about distros. I guess you are ignoring that. I mean, I started this part of
the thread with "I use Debian" and the FIRST response was: Get Gentoo.
That matters - even if you overlook it.

> Not that you have any interest in actually processing them and coming up
> with a conclusion that makes any sense, really.  To me, that's enough
> reason to not offer a helping hand to you.
>
>  - Mike

Because I don't believe what you believe, you will not help me. That is fair.
I guess along those same lines, I don't need your brand of help.

A guy came up to me yesterday and offered me a service.
I reviewed the fact that his service was expensive and that I did not need it
at this time. I declined the service, because _I_ don't need it.

Similarly, you have told me to operate a box the way you do. For some time
now, I have been operating a different way and like my way just fine. My
"processing" of information comes from my own experiences (rather than the
scare tactics - like using hypothetical futuristic scenerios that will never
occur).

My system does what _I_ need it to do (except for the 6 problems).
My system is not a danger "to the rest of the world."
I don't need your help on security.
That's not what I came for.
--
Wishing you Happiness, Joy, and Laughter,
Drew Brown