[ale] OT: U.S. National Identity Cards All But Law

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Thu May 12 18:39:31 EDT 2005

ChangingLINKS.com wrote:

> Be careful.
> I used to be active in what is known as "the patriot movement" where such
> legal defenses are discussed and attempted. Unfortunately, much of the
> culture and information came from charismatic con artists.
>
> Example: http://home.hiwaay.net/~becraft/Scams.htm
> Also see: http://www.quatlosers.com/
>

> In cases like this, it is not only important to ask "what is the legal
> defense" but to also ask for case cites to support the argument.
> Finally, do not believe what the person providing you the case cites says they
> represent. You should review the cases yourself (and/or get a lawyer to help
> you understand the material).

If I can come up with a couple of court case numbers I will let you
know.  I do know that I have personally observed one, and know of a
couple of others that have pulled the defense and succeeded.  It may
take the next vacation trip in Ohio to do it though, because I'll need
to search in case law for it (and the cases all took place in the cities
of Toledo and Bowling Green, Ohio, that I'm referencing).

	- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch                               <fd0man at gmail.com>
Website: http://fd0man.chadeux.net/     Jabber: mtrausch at jabber.com
Phone: +1-(678)-522-7934              FAX (US Only): 1-866-806-4647
Do you have PGP or GPG?  Key at pgp.mit.edu, Please Encrypt E-Mail!