[ale] Big Brother Wins, We lose... From /. Real-ID Passes U.S. Senate 100-0

Randal Jarrett rsj at radio.org
Wed May 11 17:41:17 EDT 2005

"Representative democracy comprises a form of democracy and theory of
civics wherein voters choose (in free, secret, multi-party elections)
representatives to act in their interests, but not as their proxies?
i.e., not necessarily as directed but with enough authority to exercise
initiative in the face of changing circumstances. Modern liberal
democracies are important examples of representative democracy. In the
United States this term is often synonymous with "republic"."

And then of course, the 16th word in "The Pledge of Allegiance".

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to
the Republic for which it stands,one Nation under God, indivisible, with
liberty and justice for all.

Randy