[ale] how to mount an initrd file?

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Tue May 3 01:20:54 EDT 2005

Guys - thanks for all the replys to this thread.  I ran "file" against
the initrd file, and the result was "raw data".  At that point, I
emailed this list and figured I'd have my answer within a few hours.

As expected, you guys came through.  As it turns out, the file was
Gzipped.  After ungzipingit I was able to mount it and get to the goods.

Thanks to all whom replied (and particular thanks to Jason Fritcher).
I completely overlooked the fact that the file could have been compressed.

Great regards,
Chris Bergeron