[ale] Upgrading Red Hat 6.2 and Netscape 4.72

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 30 09:47:45 EST 2005

I think XFCE is wonderful for a quick response, easy to fiddle with,
pleasant X environment.  It is lightweight and the only slowdown you
will find is the applications you run, not your window manager.  You can
install SuSE, which comes with the most functional software already
installed or available to you.  It has XFCE as a option for your default
windowing environment, however, the KDE and Gnome apps are available to
run if you want while staying in XFCE.  It is a most versatile
environment.  I'd meet up with Geoffrey, who is a very nice person, and
get SUSE 9.1 or 9.2 and run with that on new hardware.  James has a
point about your older hardware being just a bit too old to trust.  Bob
has a good point about backing up what you've got.  Good luck!

I'm in Greensboro NC or I'd meet up for beer and a SuSE trade!
Dow