[ale] Ahhhh. What is up with google

Mike Murphy mike at tyderia.net
Mon Mar 28 20:05:48 EST 2005

If you want to ask your name server, just `dig google.com` (assuming the
name server in question is what's in your /etc/resolv.conf, of course).
What you might really want to do is ask another name server, so `dig
google.com @ip.of.name.server` and compare your answers.

It may be that google had issues in the recent past, changed their name
servers, and your name server doesn't have the update yet. If so,
restarting it should fix that (generically speaking at least).

Mike