[ale] OT: FAT32 + Mac OS X woes

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Sun Mar 20 23:18:08 EST 2005

Guys,

Created a 70GB FAT32 partition on Linux using qtparted on the external USB
drive.  Everything works fine from both Linux and XP...both can see it and
mount it properly.  However, when I plug it up to Mac OS X, it's unable to
determine file system type and doesn't mount it.

I'm wondering if this might be caused by the rather large partition size,
but am at a loss and googling hasn't helped so far.  Has anyone else
successfully used large (32GB+) FAT32 partitions on Mac OS X?  Any other
clues?

Thanks, as always, for the help.

John