[ale] getting on the network

ringo ringo at margaritasrus.com
Fri Mar 18 14:08:43 EST 2005

I installed SUSE 9.2 on my Dell laptop and want to connect it to my home
network. The internet works on it I know the network card settings are
ok.
My network at home has all windows machines except this laptop.
In the KDE control center I set up a Windows share.
I went into Samba as root and added myself as a user.

What else do I need to do?

If I click on "Network Browsing" I get 2 choices, All SLP services
(which shows nothing if I click on it) and "windows Network". If I click
on that I get "unable to find any workgroups in your local area
network".

Also on my windows machine the laptop does not show up in "network
Neighborhood"

Thanks
Ringo