[ale] Don't trust Yast!

Orri Rail orrimaxrail at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 14 12:49:09 EST 2005

After 2 weeks of (unsuccessfully) trying to get my 20"
lcd in 1600x1200 res. with nvidia fx5200, have I
finally found the problem.

Yast doesn't update the nvidia drivers, even though it
claims success!  The correct binaries are downloaded,
but the current/old drivers aren't updated.  (Nvidia
even promotes using Yast for Suse users.)

Only after manually running the nvidia driver scripts,
do I (finally) have the right resolution working.

Orri