[ale] NTPD issues

H. Adrin Story adrin at haswes.homelinux.org
Sat Mar 12 13:05:11 EST 2005

Sorry I have not kept up.

I seem to remember from a FAQ or a TOS on one NTP web server.  It had
something to do with more than one machine from the same public IP
accessing the service. I guess they are trying to stop a D.O.S.

By the way. I had the problem on a Red Hat 7.2. I have since stopped
using Red Hat and use Slackware. I use the script to update the clock
once daily. I am not running a PDC or anything else that requires me to
  run ntpd.  I am never on time for anything any ways.

Interesting to note though I have a box that looses about 8 sec. in a 24
hour period.

Adrin