[ale] kernel numbering

Sonali Parikh sonali at vijedi.net
Fri Mar 11 15:42:24 EST 2005

 From a previous story on /. :

" ...Linux creator Linus Torvalds decided against trying to add meaning
to the odd/even least significant number. Instead, the new plan is to go
from the current 2.6.x numbering to a finer-grained 2.6.x.y. Linus will
continue to maintain only the 2.6.x releases, and the -rc releases in
between. Others will add trivial patches to create the 2.6.x.y releases...."

Sonali