[ale] Cannot log in from kdm

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 11:41:25 EST 2005

I have done some upgrades to my mandrake 10.1 system lately, though no
changes to my personal account.  Now, when I try to log in via kdm I
get the kdm screen back faily quickly.  /var/log/kdm.log has a bunch
of lines like this:

AUDIT: Fri Mar 11 11:27:51 2005: 5679 X: client 2 rejected from local host
  Auth name: XDM-AUTHORIZATION-1 ID: -1
AUDIT: Fri Mar 11 11:27:51 2005: 5679 X: client 2 rejected from local host
  Auth name: XDM-AUTHORIZATION-1 ID: -1

I can't find any other evidence of problems, so I'm guessing this is
it.  Anyone know what it is and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Michael