[ale] NTPD issues

Ryan Fish FishR at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 9 11:26:43 EST 2005

Right now I have a cron job setup to run rdate against a stratum 2 time
server every 30 minutes in an attempt to keep the time at least somewhat
close.  Unfortunately, this particular server (HP LPr Netserver) likes to
lose quite a bit of time between these updates.

Since I have NTPD running successfully on another box in the same network
could I just point the one that doesn't like to work right at that one?  If
so, how?  I have been unsuccessful in finding info on this so far...

Thank you.
-Ryan