[ale] Switching from KDE to Gnome

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Fri Mar 4 05:19:14 EST 2005

ringo wrote:
> That is exactly what I did. I selected GNOME system and Gnome
> Development. Nothing else says gnome in it. Is there something else?
> Ringo

Of course!  There is always something else (and someone else to chime in and tell you about it)

For SuSE 9.2, also select GNOME DEVELOPMENT if you wish to compile programs for Gnome.  SuSE includes a lot of *-devel packages, which include the *-config scripts used.  There may be some additional *-devel packages you may have to drop in later, as GNOME DEVELOPMENT doesn't include all of them automatically, but just the basic set.

--
Found in Sydney,
   Keith