[ale] Switching from KDE to Gnome

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Wed Mar 2 23:37:05 EST 2005

On Wednesday 02 March 2005 10:55 pm, ringo wrote:

> I went into yast and found the /etc/sysconfig editor. I changed the
> Default window manager from KDE to gnome, and the display manager from
> kdm to gdm. Then I rebooted. It asked me for a user name and password in
> while booting up (it usually does not), but then it booted to KDE
> anyway. Any ideas?

Um, switch to Mandrake:) KDE all the way, but I always install both because
some of the Gnome tools are better than there counterparts. Plus it is very
easy to switch between KDE and Gnome if needed.

I'm sure one of the SUSE users will answer your original questions
tomorrow.... This list (and others) has been very slow today.
--
William