[ale] Would like to get some insight on a current project

mmillard1 at comcast.net mmillard1 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 1 17:17:36 EST 2005

I have a project going where I have to put an IIS Server up with Internet access enabled.  There are users created on the server using a Custom SQL DB with Encrypted Passwords.

I put it behind a SSL VPN ( with it's own password scheme ) which is also sitting behind my Firewall.  My problem suddenly appeared when management decided to allow only some users access from the Web and not others.

Within IIS there is no built in way to determine internal or External that I am aware of at least.

I have been looking at using an ISS Box I have to monitor traffic looking for the login strings which are not allowed and then kill traffic on the threads.  I was wondering if there is anything out there in the Linux world that might help me get where I have to get without using such expensive ports.  I also wasn't sure that I might not find a cleaner easier solution in the Linux world.  Any ideas or thoughts would be very much appreciated.