[ale] SUSE LINUX 9.3 ISO images Released to Mirrors

Chris Ricker kaboom at oobleck.net
Thu Jun 30 13:12:51 EDT 2005

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, Michael Still wrote:

> I believe the limitation is with the apache server.  I have it
> configured to not allow >2G transfers in httpd.conf anyway (it doesn't
> even show up in the file list for http).

Just configure it to redirect large files to ftp (using RedirectMatch or
similar)

> There are patches to allow apache to transfer bigger files, but I
> haven't messed with them.

Joe Orton @ Red Hat maintains 'em for 2.0

<http://www.apache.org/~jorton/ap_splitlfs.diff>

They change interfaces for modules (ie, you have to rebuild the whole
stack from apr on down, and 3rd-party stuff may shatter), so no sane
vendor's likely to add them in. If all you're doing though is standard
mods that are all open source, patching and rebuilding works fine

apache httpd 2.1 has it fixed

later,
chris