[ale] OT:System Administration employment question:

Randy C. Ramsdell rramsdell at adelphia.net
Tue Jun 28 16:31:23 EDT 2005

I Realize this is way off topic, but since I really don't know who else
to get advice from, I thought I could get ask here.

After a very long job search in Jacksonville, FL, I finally sold my
house and moved to Atlanta thinking job prospects would be better. Well
I have been here for about 8 months and haven't been able to find a
position. My main experience has been in a 75%/25% Linux/Windows
environment for the last 10 years and since I appear to be very
stubborn, I have been unwilling to just take other jobs not related to
my skill set. My unemployment has now lasted close to 2 years.

I would willing to do volunteer work so that employers won't be tempted
to use the long unemployment as a reason not to hire.

Could I ask members here to provide some advice as to what you would do
in this situation off list?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

rcr