[ale] possible to use hard drives that have bad blocks ?

Courtney Thomas ccthomas at joimail.com
Mon Jun 27 11:03:04 EDT 2005

Thanks Greg.

This is all new to me and quite interesting.

I took the first drive that had [at least] one bad block, and did a:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hdX

and then:

dd if=/dev/hdX of=/dev/null

and now see NO errors, whereas previous to this write I got an error.

Does that mean that the drive is now....all right ?

Cordially,
Courtney