[ale] Problems with USB Flash drives and kernel 2.6.11

Craig Thompson AugustWest at gmx.de
Thu Jun 23 14:24:16 EDT 2005

Hello all,

I've been trying to get USB flash drives to work on a Linux kernel
2.6.11.12.  The base system is slackware 10.1.  USB support loads but
nothing shows up in /proc/bus/usb.  USB, USBfs, and USB-storage are all
compiled into the kernel.  The only different things from the base kernel
are that I have patched it for loop-AES and pcscp (pcspeaker).  When I plug
in a USB key nothing shows up in the /var/log/messages, dmesg, or anywhere
else that I can see.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Everything I've found on Google so far descibes
mounting a drive that is already detected.

Thanks,
Craig