[ale] Sharp Zaurus SL-5500

lyric hartley leeslist at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 09:23:20 EDT 2005

I have had a mostly similar experience to the others that have
replied. (I have the 5500)

WiFi kills batt. might have a little better luck with one of the low
power consumption cards

Browsing is fine, I use Konqueror but I don't do a lot of browsing
mostly just the web interface to the home music server...

don't know about outlook...I have been very happy with using PIM-pi
though, very flexible and syncs with ease
(http://www.pi-sync.net/html/projects.html)

great on the geek quotient... there is something nice about being able
to ssh into your pda...in fact this is my primary way of dealing with
it when cradled

other notes - I found installing OpenZaurus to be very painless, i
like the flexibility it offers...i install all my apps to an SD card
and leave all of the RAM available for memory (none consumed as
storage) ...OZ offers different images that use the resources
differently...a few of good sites
openzaurus.org
http://www.killefiz.de/zaurus/showapps.php?cat=2 (software index)
http://www.zaurususergroup.org/ (great info)