[ale] new hardware problems

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Jun 15 22:54:26 EDT 2005

Haven't had time to look at this again till now. Figured it out.  It was
in fact the powersupply combined with some stupidity on my part.  The ps
was set to 230 volts rather than 115.  So, if the ps thinks it's getting
230 volts, what do you think the motherboard is going to get.  I'm
surprised the bloody thing would even attempt to boot.

Anyway, it's up and cooking.  This puppy is fast.  Sempron 3000+, 1 gig
Corsair memory, 36g WD 10000 rpm raptor drive.

Lot's of goodies, two network ports, 100m and 1g, sata with raid
support.  Awsome sound, 6 usb, 2 firewire, 400mhz fsb, dual channel ddr,
5 pci, agp pro/8x, 2 133 ultradma ide, parallel port, two serial ports.

--
Until later, Geoffrey