[ale] acpi IBM Thinkpad T42 Fedora Core 3 not resuming

ale at jeffx.com ale at jeffx.com
Fri Jun 10 14:41:23 EDT 2005

I am trying to get a IBM Thinkpad T42 completed and have run into a
problem I can't get passed with acpi.  I can put the laptop to sleep when
I close the lid but when I open the lid it never resumes.  I am running
Fedora Core 3 with the 2.6.11-1.27_FC3 kernel.

Following are the applicable files:
/etc/acpi/events/lid/lid.conf:
event=button[/]lid
action=/etc/acpi/actions/sleep.sh

/etc/acpi/events/lid/sleep.conf:
event=button[/]sleep
action=/etc/acpi/actions/sleep.sh

/etc/acpi/actions/sleep.sh:
#!/bin/sh
echo -n mem > /sys/power/state
/sbin/modprobe -r usb_uhci
/sbin/modprobe -i usb_uhci
/usr/sbin/hwclock --hctosys

If I send to to sleep using the FN-F4 combination it will begin to go to
sleep but resume almost immediately.

I have tried updating the ibm-acpi stuff from
http://ibm-acpi.sourceforge.net but that didn't change anything.

Anyone have any advice, pointers, or suggestions on what I should try next
when dealing with the acpi stuff?

Regards,
Jeff