[ale] Evolution behavior

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Jun 9 20:03:20 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 19:34 -0400, Trey Sizemore wrote:
> Try upgrading to Evolution 2.2.2 and see if you have the same issues.

Nope.  not going to do.  I just downloaded the source 2.2.1 and found
myself wrapped up in dependency _hell_.  It seemed that I had to rebuild
almost everything gnome related just so I could get that built.

The 2.0.4 version is so much _slower_ than the version I was running
on SuSE 9.  I takes too long for it to scan my mailboxes.  I love
mutt and used to use mutt but I have thousands of mail messaegs and
about 20+ boxes so mutt was giving me a headache trying to use it to
manage all those messages.