[ale] ssh authorized_keys2, what am I missing?

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jun 8 13:39:40 EDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 01:18:08PM -0400, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> 	(a) You're putting the public key in .ssh/authorized_keys2
> 	(b) .ssh/authorized_keys2 hard linked with .ssh/authorized_keys

I can never remember when to use authorized_keys vs. authorized_keys2.
I just checked the ssh man page, and it says:

    The file $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys lists the public keys that are
    permitted for logging in.

There is no mention of authorized_keys2.  This is for openssh 3.9_p1.
Maybe authorized_keys2 is no longer used, or specific to ssh.com?

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9