[ale] iPod mounting

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Wed Jun 8 10:38:00 EDT 2005

>>>>> "Christopher" == Christopher Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> writes:

[...]

    Christopher> I think it is more of Steve Job's DRM ideas.  I can
    Christopher> understand taking out all the music in the iPod
    Christopher> folder but there was a folder we copied on there for
    Christopher> storage and it is gone too.  Maybe I should have
    Christopher> bought the creative device?

Nothing to do with DRM, just has to do with the fact that an iPod's a
fancy HDD under the covers.  Out of the box an iPod will be formatted
using HFS+ (the OS X naitive filesystem).  If you're going to use it
with a wintendo box iTunes there will reformat the disk using FAT32
which can be read under either OS.

fletch at phydeaux.org|  Vincent, you should cease askin'          \ o.O'