[ale] CUPS & gimp-print

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Jun 8 10:07:56 EDT 2005

Doug McNash wrote:
> I have CUPS printing working for my home network flawlessly except the gimp.
> With gimp I can print if I write to a PostScript file then do an "lp"
> command but I can't print directly from gimp.  What am I missing?

I'm thinking that you have to set up gimp separately.  GIMP wants an
uncompressed ppd file, so you must have both an uncompressed one and a
compressed one.  CUPS is wanting a compressed one.

Open the print window of GIMP select 'setup printer' and select the
proper uncompressed ppd file from /usr/share/cups/model/*

--
Until later, Geoffrey