[ale] annoying, unknown X crash - only when laptop lid is closed.

Terry Lee Tucker terry at esc1.com
Tue Jun 7 14:54:39 EDT 2005

On Tuesday 07 June 2005 01:47 pm, Jay Loden saith:

> Has anyone had a similar problem and have any ideas where I can look? I
> can't seem to track down why this is happening only when the lid is shut,
> and it's really annoying having all my applications crash.

I can only help by reporting that this has happened about 4 times with me. My
notebook, a Dell Latitude D800, runs all the time. On 3 or 4 occassions, I
get up and in the morning and when I open up my laptop, the X server has
crashed. There are no errors in the messages file. This is only a nominal
issue since it rarely happens, but when it does, it is very annoying as I
have about 15 shells open at any given time editing C source code. Hope
someone has some insight as to why this happens. By the way, I'm running
RedHat WS 3.