[ale] Possibly OT: Adding phone lines to the NBX100

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 12:33:28 EDT 2005

I've got my new (to me) NBX100 functional now.

Now I want to add a couple of phone lines.  We have 4 POTS lines and
obviously I can simply call BS and get a couple extra POTS lines.

I'm wondering what other good choices are out there.  Especially VOIP.

I don't know if the NBX100 can do true VOIP to a service provider, or
only internally.  And if so, can it mix and match.  ie. keep my
current POTS lines, but add 2 voip lines to the system.

If not, is it cost effective to get a voip service provider, then do a
simple voip to pots conversion to feed into the nbx100.  I could see
this being a simple linux box with a Analog Phoneline Card that can
act as the Service Provider side of a call..

Another choice might be to get a channelized T1 and move some/all of
my lines to that.  One negative is my current DSL might be negatively
impacted.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer