[ale] MP3C

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Jun 6 15:06:43 EDT 2005

Thank you sire  I'm encoding now.  I've got a perl program that will
take the files and get the information.  It then copies them to
directories.

I will be receiving a 40GB iPod shortly and I have about 200 CD's.  I
want to encode all my CD's and place them on that iPod and DVD's.  Maybe
someone has done this and has a better organization method.
The program blow is a hack to copy the files for me.  I might even add
adding information to a MySQL database.  A while back I had started a
similar project that would add the name to MySQL along with file
location so that a web browser could download any piecei of music.  I
never really got it fully started so I could encode all 200+ CD's.

--- mp3mov ---
#!/usr/bin/perl

use MP3::Tag;
use strict;

my $root = "/home/cfowler/MP3/Music";

die "mp3mov <filename>\n" unless $ARGV[0];

my $mp3 = MP3::Tag->new($ARGV[0]) or die "$!\n";
my ($title, $track, $artist, $album, $comment, $year, $genre) =
$mp3->autoinfo();
$mp3->get_tags;

print "Album: $album\n";

mkdir "$root/$genre";
$artist =~ s/ /_/g;
$album =~ s/ /_/g;
mkdir "$root/$genre/$artist";
mkdir "$root/$genre/$artist/$album";
system "mov $ARGV[0] \"$root/$genre/$artist/$album/$title.mp3\"";