[ale] Bluetooth devices

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Jun 5 21:57:24 EDT 2005

David Corbin wrote:
> On Sunday 05 June 2005 04:56 pm, Jim Philips wrote:
>
>>Thanks. I'll check all of that out. The only thing I refuse to do is wear
>>one of those Star Trek Bluetooth headsets and run around talking to the air
>>like somebody with Tourette's syndrome. So far, when I see people wearing
>>one of those things my first thought is that they have something growing
>>out of their head.
>

> :)  What they need (among other things) is to have an LED on them to indicate
> the "clown" is actually using it.  It's not perfect, but would be an
> improvement.   They also have a ridiculously short battery life from what I
> hear.

Hmm, maybe they could come out with a stick on red nose that blinks when
their using it. :)  Then you'd know they were a clown AND they are using
it. :)

Actually, the one I have does blink when it's in use.  They claim 8
hours talk time, 200 hours standby.  I think that's pretty good for
something that hangs on your ear.  I'm not sure what you define as
'short battery life' so that may or may not surprise you.  It charges in
about 2 hours.

For anyone interested, it's the Motorola hs850.

--
Until later, Geoffrey