[ale] Debian 3.0 as a server platform?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Jun 5 21:52:34 EDT 2005

James Sumners wrote:
> Actually, I never said a word about the Zaurus. I've never used one.

My mistake and I apologize.  I got posts mixed up.

> Oh, and I made a mistake in my last email. It is SuSE 9.1 that can
> still be downloaded in one CD, albeit severly lacking in packages, not
> SuSE 9.2. I'm updating Firefox on my Grandfather's machine right now
> and realized the mistake because he is using 9.1.

I'm not really quite sure what you expect.  You can get a full SuSE on a
dvd for both 9.2 and 9.3. You're not going to have the option of a net
download, so we're really talking apples to oranges here.

Certainly Debian does not come with all it's packages on a single cd?

So what's different between the minimal install of Debian from a single
disk and SuSE?

--
Until later, Geoffrey