[ale] Bluetooth devices

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Jun 5 17:05:19 EDT 2005

Barry Hawkins wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 09:06:45AM +0000, Jim Philips spake thus:
>
>>I just got a Bluetooth enabled phone. Anyone here have experience using
>>Bluetooth with Linux? What Bluetooth devices have worked well for you?
>
> [...]
> Yes, use it every day.  My T-Mobile phone is my GPRS connection for my
> laptop at work.  I also use Multisync to synchronize my contacts on the
> phone with Evolution.  If you need to buy a Bluetooth USB dongle, go for
> the DBT-120.

As previously posted, I've got a dbt-120 as well and it works like a
champ.  I also purchased an iogear usb bluetooth adapter. (GBU211WM) it
works well too.  I just transfered an image from my phone to my computer
via this device.  It was $25 at Wal-mart.

I like the d-link dbt-120 better as it has power and lnk leds, the
iogear does not.

--
Until later, Geoffrey