[ale] harddrive errors

Chris Farris jcf at primeharbor.com
Sun Jun 5 12:32:22 EDT 2005

The 250G drive I bought last summer when Frys open started tossing the
same errors last weekend. I'll never trust it again with vital data (I'm
an unforgiving a-hole) but I hate to just toss it. I want to put it in a
USB/Firewire enclosure and use it for swapping mp3s.

Anyone know if running the lowlevel format tools will mark the new bad
areas and allow this drive to be used again.

Thanks
Chris