[ale] Debian 3.0 as a server platform?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 22:08:24 EDT 2005

Am I crazy or is this thread not about "Debian 3.0 as a server
platform"? I did mention in passing that I don't recommend Debian to
average users but that was it.

I have installed all of the major distributions. By far, I prefer the
Debian installer to any of them. I have never found the Debian install
system to be all that difficult. I find it to be very straight forward
and easy to follow. The first distribution I was ever able to install
and use successfully was Debian 2.1 (slink) and it had a much more
archaic installer than the current one. But, if I were to hand someone
a CD to install Linux by themselves I would most likely hand them a
SuSE 9.2 CD (9.3 can only be had on DVD; curious isn't it?) or, if I
felt them competent enough, an Ubuntu CD.

I apologize if I misread the email but it did seem very much like you
were making a comparison.