[ale] Debian 3.0 as a server platform?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 4 13:14:29 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-04 at 03:54 -0400, Raylynn Knight wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 20:41 -0400, James Sumners wrote:
> > If you find a pre-built Sparc image I would be surprised. The last
> > time I decided to play around and (try to) install Debian on a Sparc I
> > had to use a full CD.
> >
> Sarge image is available at
> http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sarge_d-i/sparc/rc3/sarge-sparc-netinst.iso

Thanks Raylynn,

This shows some of the more interesting aspects of using Debian.
Currently "Testing" is Sarge.  So one would expect to find
sarge-sparc-netinst.iso in a cdimage-testing directory.  Also in that
cdimage-testing directory is a current(?) archive of Sid (Stable).
What's that doing in a cdrom-testing directory?  And why is Sid dated
03-Jun-2005?

I guess my point is this:  With Debian, things just aren't always clear
and well explained. ;-)

-Jim P.