[ale] Debian 3.0 as a server platform?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 3 20:42:55 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 20:12 -0400, James Sumners wrote:
> Net Install CDs became popular after the release of Woody. LordSutch's
> netinst CDs (http://ftp.fi.debian.org/debian-minicd/) work very well
> and I have used them in the past. I have also built my own for some
> machines that the default install bootfloppy images wouldn't work
> with. The installer team has been building netinst CDs for Sarge so I
> would imagine that will continue after its release.

Check the header comments here:
   http://people.debian.org/~blade/boot-floppies/cvs/
then compare Eduard's ISO timestamps with LordSutch's.
I suspect either LordSutch knows something that he/she doesn't tell
others (wrt the debian hack), or he/she just doesn't care.

However, in researching this time, I do see that David Kimdon's
"boot-floppies" page has been updated to include only netinst ISO
images.  Go figure. ;-)

> You didn't say you were looking for a network install disc, you just
> said "ISO" :)

Sorry about that.  I did say "net install" but only once, and only after
saying just ISO, in my original text.

One other thing that I failed to mention is that I was looking for a
sparc version, I already have the i368 version.

-Jim P.