[ale] Debian 3.0 as a server platform?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 2 13:38:23 EDT 2005

You are missing the point I guess.  The reason for going with a distro
is that updates and apps can be easily installed and updated (up2date,
apt-get, etc).  The goal is for easy administration, not constantly
rebuilding Apache, Sendmail, ClamAV, SA, etc as they are updated every
other month.  ;-)

I DO know now to install individual packages in the middle of the night
while on vacation in Bora Bora.  What I want is to NOT have to do
that.  ;-)

-Jim P.