[ale] turnabout!!

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Jun 1 20:46:52 EDT 2005

Van Loggins wrote:
> I still prefer the less than popular eraser-top type mouse pointers over
> touchpads. I guess this is why I like IBM Thinkpads so much.
>
> Good to hear that this less than desirable trackpad behavior is easily
> fixed under linux and not so easily fixed under windows. :-D

I've just installed the driver on my hp laptop and it's quite nice.  You
can control pretty much everything.  If you have both the
'mini-joystick' and the touchpad, you can disable the touchpad and
continue to use the mini-joystick.  At least that's what the docs say,
I've not tried it as I don't have such a beast.

I've never gotten used to the 'tap' functionality of the touchpad
though.  I always find myself typing along and all of a sudden a window
appears because I grazed across the pad.

The nice thing about this hp laptop is that it has a button which will
activate/deactivate the pad.

This driver also enables the scroll function on the pad which is kinda
nice too.

--
Until later, Geoffrey