[ale] OT: Good Support Company for 3Com IP Phone System?

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 11:22:23 EDT 2005

Thanks,

Someone else sent me a link to a password recovery site for the
NBX100, so I now have administrator access.

http://web.abnormal.com/~thogard/nbx/password.html

Looking at the web interface it does look pretty straight-forward to use.

I will be toying with the system this week.  It came with 20 analog
phone jacks for PSTN connection, so I will likely stay with POTS lines
for the foreseeable future.  (We only have a  4 POTS lines, so moving
to a T1/PRI would not make sense.)

It still has the previous owners config in the system, so I may just
try to tweak it for now.

The software is 4.1.4.  That appears to be acceptably current.  I
guess I need to find a nbx100 support list, just to ask stupid
questions like: Should I upgrade firmware?

Also, I want to find out what it would cost to get the call detail
reporting software.

Thanks again
Greg