[ale] Hello!

David Fitzhenry dfitzhenry at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 18:23:50 EST 2005

Just wanted to extend a 'hello'!  I'm a Woodstock resident, and have
been a Linux geek for about two years now, give or take.

I use Debian Sarge for my desktop at home & work, and have done so for
about the last year or so.  I started out with Redhat, then Fedora,
and was impressed with how Debian did not mess with customizing
certain apps, particularly the default install of KDE, and
particularly the menus, and moved to it.  I found out that on like
hardware, Debian, running KDE, seemed to out perform the Fedora Core 2
install I originally had.  I then decided to lighten up more and
switched to using XFCE4 exclusively.  I've stuck there for about five
months and could not be happier.

Professionally, I'm a geek of a few trades, I sub as our admin,
working with mostly Debian servers (now), lately I've crossed the
tracks and have been tinkering with FreeBSD, and I manage a few
Windows servers too.  My actual position is webmaster, and I do
graphic design, and XHTML/CSS compliant web design.  I also work in
Java, on Eclipse, in Debian and do web development with Struts, and
sometimes a little bit of swing work.  I've also had experience with
ASP, and Delphi development in the past among other things.

Anyway, that's me, I hope to catch you guys at a meeting or something
sometime soon, and I'm sure I'll be piping in, or begging for help on
the list!

--
thanks,
 - David Fitzhenry