[ale] Evolution Migration 1.4 -> 2.02

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 00:56:43 EST 2005

I had zero problems moving from Evolution 1.4 (RHEL WS3) to Evolution
2.?? (Debian Unstable) 8 or 9 months ago.  I had about 1GB of email
messages in multiple nested folders, and all I had to do was start up
Evolution.  It found the files and asked to convert them.  At that time
Evolution 1.4 stored config files and email in ~/evolution, after the
upgrade Evolution 2.x used ~/.evolution.  If my experience was anything
like James' I would have switched to TBird.  I don't care to research
this, but the ALE archives should have email headers that show the
before and after versions of Evolution that I was using.

Since moving from RHEL to Debian Unstable, I have even downgraded to
Debian Testing, all with the same ~/.evolution config and datafiles.  I
seem to remember that after the move from RHEL I had to re-add my pop3s
account settings.  My primary reason for moving to Evo 2.0 was to test
the Exchange integration.

-Jim P.