[ale] Py[t]hon syntax (sic)

Joe Knapka jknapka at kneuro.net
Fri Jan 28 18:56:31 EST 2005

Benjamin Scherrey <scherrey at proteus-tech.com> writes:

>     FWIW - the concept of 'const correctness' in C++ is one that I've
> come to love and wish other languages would support it, especially
> python. The other thing missing from python is a parameterized type
> capability like C++ templates. You can fake it via the reflection
> capabilities of python but you're gonna pay a performance penalty
> whereas C++ templates are often a performance improvement.

Why would you need parameterized types in a dynamically-typed
language like Python?  IMO adding explicit typing to Python
would negatively impact the language's usability, and I
don't see any reason to have parameterized types unless
type information is present in the source code. Can you
elaborate?

-- Joe

--
No sig for you today.