[ale] OT: Scrum and Extended Development

Michael Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Thu Jan 27 16:37:51 EST 2005

Now you know why I like it.  I think that most sales reps actually
understand the need to prioritize development and not be interrupt
driven (though maybe not in those words) but we developers and our
processes rarely encourage them to act that way.  One nice thing about
scrum is that there is an official process in place that disallows that
kind of behavior, and there is an official person in place (the
scrummaster) who will enforce it.

OTOH, scrum does allow the sales guy to put their new request on the
backlog of items to be developed, which is very satisfying for them.  A
couple of weeks later when the next iteration is planned the project
owner gets to decide what will be implemented, but at least it is on the
official list of items.

It works quite nicely.

Michael