[ale] Chaintech SKT600 motherboard

Greg runman at speedfactory.net
Wed Jan 26 20:04:14 EST 2005

I recently bought a Chaintech SKT600 motherboard and a AMD Duron 1.6GHz
Socket A Processor to run a low end box and I can't even get it to POST - it
just beeps like crazy.  If I move the FSB jumpers around there is no beeping
but it still won't POST.  I have searched the web and it seems that
Chaintech has little "gotchas" that aren't advertised on their site or other
sites.  I have a vid card in the AGP slot, mouse and keyboard attached
correctly, and re-checked the wiring.  A floppy drive and hard drive are
attached also.

I just wondered if anyone on the list has any experience with this
particular motherboard.  Any tips / hints would be appreciated.

TIA,

Greg